My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Reconcile v.intr - To bring (oneself) to accept


In the last ten years of this blog, several times, I would have blogged about 'no sleep' nights of mine, so I will not do it again. I have accepted it - if I don't get sleep, I will not ask for it. However simple this might sound, but I am wondering about the stark reality embedded in this acceptance. Have I started to reconcile, or finally learnt ' to give up' ? The constant fight for everything and anything that I want has brought me many things in my life, but it is also starting to get tiring. There is only so much before one starts to let nature, fate and destiny take over. It was difficult for me to type the previous sentence and I did delete it twice, but  if even Napoleon had to make way for destiny then who am I ?

I still wish and submit to the powers to let me have atleast the following four things before I die. Only four things!

1. A formal degree in Economics - I have learnt this subject, in bits and pieces in many of my courses, took some self taught modules however I still long for a formal degree that comes with transcripts and seal of a University. Not sure when and how will I get to do this ?
2. Greek Mythology - Agreed it is myths, stories, but it is also about these tales of remarkable and unremarkable people that still shape and in many cases explain our modern world. I have taken the first step of enrolling in a semi-formal course but will see if I could do it properly.
3. Understanding of 'Classical Music' - Yes, I kept myself from scratching the surface of it, unsure of my inclination. However I succumbed to it after watching the 2009 TV movie of Dr Ben Carson. I have not reached anywhere, other than playing it non stop on Spotify every night.
4.A month in Amazon - I think I crystallized on this idea 7 years ago, after one of John Grisham's book, and I have least hope of ever getting to do this out of the the four wishes. I would still keep this as one of my sputtering hopes.

Now that I have documented this, I hope the 'powers that decide(? dictate)' have mercy on me. No wins for you, I am prepared(and accept) to fail. Amen !


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Y said…

    Interesting post. And even more interesting choices!

    On a side note, why do you need a degree in a subject as farcical as Economics? And your knowledge of markets, economy and socio-polity is indeed very good. You don't require a degree.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home