My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Death of Kamla Markandaya

Today got the news that the Indian writer Kamla Markandaya passed this sunday in UK.
I had read only one book of hers "Nectar in a Sieve" ,it was her first book published in 1954. I can vividly remember the touching story.
I dont know why this news was not in the major newspapers or atleast on their websites since i read the newspapers on their websites only. I got this news from the website of Outlook Magazine.
Our media will come out of news when a book of poem is published not cause the poems were worthy of being published but the only reason being that the author is some top shot politican and they can curry favour from him/her.
Donno why but these days i dont feel like blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home