My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Bright Sunny Morning

Today i woke up quite early, at 4.31am to be exact, though yesterday i thought since it is satday i would wake up late and slept at 12 midnight but i think i was seeing some bad dreams and that woke me up.Its quite strange during weekdays however hard i try i cant get up before 8.30am and literally need to drag myself to work and on weekends i get up so early that i can prepare morning tea for myself.

Upon getting up i checked the temperature on net it was showing minus 5.6 C but i am sure the thermometer in the kitchen would be showing minus 7.6C, no the temperature is not faulty but i think the met department's observatory is in some southern outskirts of city.I was browsing newspapers over a cup of tea and wow i could see faint sunlight coming through the window.Its so special to see Sunlight in Finland and in half an hour it was bright sunlight coming to my bed and it is actually falling on the screen while i am doodling this post.Its such a nice view the trees have turned green(the snow cover over them has melted) and the thick layer of snow is gittering and the lake is frozen and reflecting so much sunlight that its difficult to see at that direction.Sunlight makes any day special in Finland and since spring is coming so we would have more of these special days.So it was worth getting up early today.

I have lot of work piled up for today i have thought of cleaning my apartment, taking care of laundry(always the toughest job for me ....but luckily none of our neighbours use the washing machine on satday so i never had a schedule clash..) and my weekend task going to supermarket for grocery shopping.

One thing that has changed after moving to Finland is that i never have to worry about work or have to go to office on saturdays and its blashphemy to call your colleague at home on weekends..weekends are totally segregated from office work .so much so that the planned skiing trip from office is on Thursday evening and not on saturday cause no one would come on saturday...isnt it cool !!!

So i should now get offline and complete my weekend chores...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home