My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Friday, February 18, 2005

Skiing Trip

For the first time in my life i did skiing yesterday.It was official trip from office to Messila resort(www.messila.fi).I had booked a teacher for me and rented out the Ski's also.

Our teacher's name was Juha,he was excellent at skiing and he choose a less steeper slope as it was my first stint.He taught me how to put on ski's and how to take it out and then how to stop it,but somehow i wasnt able to learn how to stop the ski's.I would go downhill with great speed and i would try to mimick the professionals by holding the sticks as they would hold it :-P and at the bottom of the slope there was no other way other than to fall down so i would take a somersault and reach the end and then take the ropeway to reach up.

It was tremendous experience,i fell down many times broke my left knee and today my whole body is paining.I was sweating profusely for the first time in Finland.We took a break in between and went for drink and to eat something to get our energy back and then we did skiing till 9pm when the resort was closing down.

It was such a fantastic experience and it was great fun returing to Hameenlinna from Messila with our colleagues.When we used to fall down our colleagues could not control their laugh ..he he...but they were so good at skiing.Even we saw kids doing skiing with so much ease and lots of them even snowboarding.

Well i want to do skiing again as soon as my knee is ok.

I have few pics of mine from the skiing trip which i would post shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home