My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Friday, July 20, 2007

Congrats Statcounter !


(Aodhan Cullen, picture from BusinessWeek)


Statcounter, which is very famous in the blogging world has won the top position in Europe’s Young Entrepreneurs, an annual contest by Business Week. This Dublin, Ireland based company was started by Aodhan Cullen in 1999, at the age of 16 years.

Statcounter is mostly free, ad based, internet site that lets people view the statistics of the hits on their webpages. It also gives added features to track search words, browser information and geographical location of its visitors. This tracking website is most popular among others with bloggers and also with small and mid sized companies, who don’t have big budget.

What started as request for Cullen’s client for web-designing is now attracting attention of giants such as Google, which launched a similar service after buying the web analytics company, Urchin Software. Presently Statcounter gets more hits in US than names such as Adobe, Dell , Wal-Mart, etc. Though he is getting attention from Venture Capitalist, Cullen has decided to go alone for the time being.

Coming just behind Statcounter were companies as Sofia, Bulgaria based JT International, Amsterdam based social networking site Wakoopa, London based Kwiqq and on the 5th position is Amsterdam based Dot Kite Lab.

Congrats Statcounter!

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger XVSA013 said…

    i voted for him. did you?

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had no idea the stat counter came with him. :P I am so going t enjoy swooning over it even more.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I also voted for him. And he's CUTE. :p

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am going to keep coming to your blog now

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought sitemeter was the most popular! Have seen it everywhere..

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Expression ! said…

    Stat counter is indeed a very informative source.
    Ireland is doing great in Technology these days.just read an article about Ireland developing technological skills in "fortune" magazine.Very impressed.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Mowgli - I would not have done a post on him otherwise. Yeah, I did!

    EU - Hehe, I didn't put up the picture for that purpose :)

    TGFI - Jesus, I didn't know that putting the picture will have that effect. I am jealous now.

    So you weren't coming to my blog these days ? Actually I was bit lazy in doing blogs, but now I am trying to catch up. Will do the tags shortly.

    Twilight - I think statcounter is more popular but since it has this invisible settings, so you might not be able to notice it.

    Expression - Yeah, Ireland is doing great and it was beacon of rising economy of Europe. Oflate it has become expensive and the place has been taken by Eastern European countries. I hope you know that Skype came from Estonia !

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger XVSA013 said…

    lol all the girls seem to have an vested interest. satya do you also have an vested interest in this guy?????

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Pri said…

    i heart statcounter. im a little too obsessed with it though.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Just Jane said…

    this is cool stuff! and the guy really IS cute :D

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Mowgli - Hehe, I am a straight guy :)

    Pri- Welcome to my blog ! Yeah statcounter is half the fun of blogging these days.

    Jane - Yeah yeah, all girls have said that he is cute ! lucky guy he is

     

Post a Comment

<< Home