My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Insomniac Conundrum


After a long time a personal post. The start of Finnish summer season is always 3 hours of sleep for me, lasts for a week and is more pronounced on weekends. Yeah, the reason I am writing this is that I could not sleep for more than 3 hours, and don’t want to do anything meaningful when I am up at my computer at 4 am.

It has always been weird for me to have dinner in sunlight or sleep when the sun is shining outside. Both of these meant that I went to sleep at 5 minutes to midnight on a Saturday, when I I worked all day from home. Even though the blinds are down on my bedroom’s huge window, I could see the sun shining at 4am. The archaic elevator in my building should take some blame for breaking my sleep at 3am. For some reason, I have seen every other apartment in Helsinki having those 1920s elevator. The modern ones are only reserved for office buildings. This in the country of ‘Kone’ accentuates the surprise factor. Anyway few riddles are better left unsolved. So the archaic elevator makes kind of rumbling noise, not usually on weekdays at 3am, but on weekends, that’s the time when people come from nightclubs. I am sure there is some rule pasted on the building notice board for usage of elevators at night time but I don’t want that to get invoked -I use it myself on those times on those days. So here I am, sleepless on a Sunday. Even without elevator, it will take a week to get used to get good sleep in summers or may be I would not be here.

So I watched ‘Good Luck Chuck’ once again. I don’t know what I like in it, may be subconsciously, I as well want to get a hex like that. This also makes me think of Ashlee Simpson (you would have figured out the connection, and I know it is Alba who is in the movie) and her engagement. I should not be analyzing her engagement, but I never knew someone would like to get married to an ‘Emo’ guy. I don't think I know much of these new age concepts.

Also, are those two songs of Foreigner – ” I want to know what Love is” and “ I just died in your arms tonight” good to be together, or may be paired with “Stop & Stare” from One Republic? Guess, that’s what is playing on my computer now.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger projektleiterin said…

    Whatever that is with "Emo" people, trying to do in-depth analyses of people like Ashlee Simpsons and their relationships is like analyzing the depth of a puddle.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Project Leader - What can an insomnia hit person do at the dead of night? If doing Ashlee is depth of puddle then do you know that I have also done a post on Paris Hilton! I even was in the same nightclub as she, but only a week later.

    N.B - The word 'doing' above, in this context means 'analysing'

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger killer is i said…

    It doesn't matter what place what time it is, if i want to sleep , i will sleep .. that true engineer :P
    While doing M.S., all my biological clocks have been destroyed and there is no time to sleep eat drink .. i sleep at 5 am, 6 am , 2 am .. and also @ pm :P

    I just died in yr arms tonight ... awesome song :-)

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    can understand!

    Are you back to Desh yet?

    BTW could you please update my blogs URL in ur blogroll?

    http://blog.twilightfairy.in

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger PNA said…

    Biological clock or home training.... what ever you or I call it....should change with where you are:)
    I love meals at 4 in the morning, we usually make maggie.... just don't call it dinner.
    B/w not eating at the right time has brought me back home for an unexpected long break, it has its advantages... though injections are a burden!!!

    great to read u again
    Ash

     

Post a Comment

<< Home