My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Past four weeks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sorry for being late for this post; first day it was due to jet lag and then I was feeling quite disorganized to write anything. But I am happy to be back in Finland after the stressful four weeks. I could easily sum it up as one of the toughest crisis of my life till now.

I had to go to India suddenly as my sister was sick and mom was alone there. First day when I heard she was sick we all thought it was seasonal fever but her condition got a little worse and she had to be admitted and that’s when I decided to go home. The difficult thing was to get flight connections, I had the tickets with me but they were open, by the time I took the decision to go home it was already 4 pm and Air France office in Finland was closed, seeing no other way I contacted the corporate office of Air France in Paris and somehow they managed to block seat for me in the next flight. Then started the race against time to manage all the connections, taking early morning flight from Helsinki (which required me to take 3 am bus from Hameenlinna), running at Paris airport to reach terminal 2A from 2D (25 minutes was the transfer time I had). I faced problem at each and every point of my journey but I managed to reach Mumbai in 15hours and then it took 36 hours to reach my home (one flight and one overnight journey in train).

I went home after 18 months and that too at such a time, dad also came home but he also fell sick. Now things are fine and everyone is normal and recovering. The last whole month I kept on traveling and endless visits to doctors, hospitals, diagnostic labs etc. I was in home only for two days and all other days I slept mostly on train, flights, in airport dorms, in taxis, in hotels or in hospital benches. All these were compounded by incidents like late arrival of trains, delayed/cancelled flights, lost baggage and heavy rainfall just at the perfect moment.

The best thing in all this was the help that I received from my friends, they all helped me in whatever way they could, made the arrangements, stood in queues with me and even stayed with me in hospitals. I am indeed grateful to them and glad to have friends like them. I was literally in all the cities of India in the last one month, Mumbai, New Delhi, Calcutta, Chennai and I had friends everywhere waiting on me at the airport. It gives me shivers to imagine what I would have done without them.

This crisis time also helped me identify real friends and fake sympathizers? Before this in my life I had got only treachery, cheating, dishonesty, betrayal and humiliation in return to the trust and good I did for people. In fact I had started to lose all hope and trust on anyone but now I know that it balances out. If someone betrays you then there are others to help you through. I know there are many people in this world who would love to see me crestfallen, surrounded in crisis, sinking in my personal and professional life and it was just the perfect moment for them to enjoy my predicament. But I have no complains, I will never change and God will always send people to help me.

This has also left me thinking that should I be working so far from home? A little bit of thinking for me after this project ends and I take up next one.

It has become a long and incoherent post but that’s what I am going through right now.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well God does balance things out. I have come to believe positive attitude does a whole lot of good.So let go off the negativity you feel for those that haven't met your standards of good friends and cherish the wonderful people that you do have in life.Trust me there is more to be thankful than not.

    I hope all is well with your family now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home