My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Reaching Venice (15th June)


I was all set up for my six day trip of Italy, I had done all the preparation, bought a new backpack , packed my stuff, made sure I don’t forget essential things like camera , battery charger, noted down my credit card numbers in one note book and the VISA emergency number for Italy( incase I lost my cards).

The flight was of 0615 hours, which turned out too early than what I had expected at the time of booking the ticket or else I would not booked it. To catch the flight I took the 3 am bus from Hameenlinna . I had about an hour left for the flight to take off after I checked in.
You can see my flight getting ready




I killed the time by looking at all the preparations that are done before a plane takes off, the fuel being filled, luggage being loaded, and catering truck putting the supply in plane.

The plane started taxing at the runway and it took off, I was seating by the side of window next seats were occupied by a nice Finnish family of parents and their 3 kids going to Scotland for their vacation. I tried to catch some sleep on the flight but it wasn’t sufficient and by the time plane landed on Amsterdam airport I was feeling weary and tired.
After a stop of one hour I once again was on a different plane on my way to Venice. It was about ninety minute’s flight from Amsterdam to Venice, and though the flight departed late by 10 minutes, we reached Venice in time.

I had not checked my backpack so I got out of the terminal rather quickly and went to the tourist office at airport, I had the printout for the direction of my hotel but I thought of cross checking and then came out. The moment I came out I got stung by the heat, I could remember the same stinging I had received when I landed in Helsinki last october and came out of airport, the only difference - that time it was cold sting and now it was hot sting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home