My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Update

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the update to my yesterday’s post about ruined day, but it didn’t quiet end the way it start.

It had a wonderful ending, which started by my trip to customs office. My friend had sent me two books which were rather heavy and it got landed in customs office instead of usual ‘Posti’. I had never visited the customs office before, and colleagues told me it was on the outskirts of city. Just when I was thinking how to go there, my colleague offered me a ride in her car, and I was more than happy to accept it. I met her husband who was waiting on her at our office. He is a smart Finnish man and I had a nice interaction with him. He had an equally good car with ‘all digital’ dashboard and dumb me, I didn’t notice what brand the car was? The ride was good, seeing the city getting covered under the heavy but beautiful snowfall was pleasant. She also helped me once we got inside customs office. A big thanks to you, you know who you are, and do tell me the brand of your car :)

In the evening we had the ‘pre-Christmas’ party at office which is also known as ‘pikku joulu’ party in Finnish. Later I discovered that almost all the corporates in Finland had the party yesterday.Party was good, I enjoyed a lot and I did many things which I don’t remember now. Funny things had to happen and we ran into one of the client’s top manager in the night club. We have never met but we know each other. When he saw us at the nightclub, he knew that it was us and he had to introduce himself twice to make us understand. Definitely not the place and not the situation for the meeting but I think no one expects you to be sober in a nightclub on a weekend.

I came back to my apartment in the wee hours of today and that’s how the day ended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home