My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Deja Vu


I might not have a better deja vu than this. May be cause this time I have it documented. Past couple of days, few thoughts are crossing my mind with not so 'usual' frequency. When I thought more about it, I felt that I have written a post about it. I searched my blog and finally got the post. I had written this last September. I will reproduce the post below.


Life
-----

We all are at some point in our life; the question is, how many of us thought we would be, what we are today? Looking back few years or even two year, did we all think we would be having life like this? I mean all the facets, our personal life, professional life, the friends we have or friends we don’t have?

I would never believe my life as-of-now, if I go back couple of years from now. For example, what I wanted to do in this world may be totally different from what I am today. I don’t remember what exactly I wanted to be when I was child, but I know what I thought I would be doing when I was in my undergrad. Still..

In fact any aspect of my life was not what I thought it would be couple of years back, but I guess this is life. Your plans don’t materialize as they should, or they were impractical or unrealistic or the stark reality of this world put so many limitations on you or you put trust on something/someone you should not. I mean there can be thousands of reasons for any plan to go awry, the strange thing is that we all get so used to the grind that we hardly think, is this what I dreamt? Is this what I wanted to achieve? Is the present parameters of success were the one I had in my mind ? Is this how I want to be known after death ?

All these things are coming in my mind cause I was thinking what different I am doing? There are 6 billions people on this planet, each of them takes birth, then studies, does something for a living, might or might not start a family and then dies.
I don’t have any answer, don’t know where this life is leading onto, but one thing I can be sure, it won’t be as I plan it to be.
----------------------------------
Now since this is documented, I can say that I have had put some amount of my time thinking about this. Why could I not accept what I said and closed the issue. Why the issue is still afresh ?

15 Comments:

  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hmm.
    i always read your posts, go away for a while, ruminating on it..and then come back to comment. :)
    this one ran the risk of me not coming back at all! i wish i had a wise profound aswer. :-) instead i will mouth platitudes.

    life never does turn out the way we plan for it to. but i think it's a good thing to maintain that spirit of "Self-questioning", else one gets too content and satisfied, and what will s/he strive for then?
    and perhaps ocassionally, we step back to question ourselves, so that we can address our goals with renewed perspective.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Abhinav said…

    interesting post...in my view if everything goes as i plan then there is no excitement in life, and what we think or plan may not come true but this is one thing that drives us to get closer to our goal which we may never reach it but for sure get closer to it.

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    survival of species is sole purpose of your life.

    do something.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Y said…

    I concur with Mowgli above. He is witty!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Akanksha said…

    hi .. i am also goin thru a similar phase.. so i understand
    btw u should read my posts now and then..

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Abhinav said…

    btw u should read my posts now and then..
    totally agree with her.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    TGFI - Yeah I also hope that this self-questioning gives me some insight. Otherwise this past two weeks are turning out to be a roller coaster.

    Abhinav - Well I don't think that anything not happening according to the plan is exciting, not even close to it.

    Mowgli - Which species is getting extinct? tell me and then may be I can help

    Sher - You can tag along with Mowgli and when you two are there, what else needs to be done.

    Akanksha - Sure I will come and read your posts. Going through a bit busy phase these days.

    Abhinav - Yeah sure I will read the posts :)

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hmmm.. roller coaster..is the operative word, then, i guess. hope the highs outlast the lows.
    atleast the weekend is close. :)

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Raj said…

    Life is unpredictable and thats what makes it fun.

    Also, there are times when you look back and realize that what you wanted to do some 4 yrs back doesn't even make sense now and u've achieved more than u wanted.

    So its a mixed bag.

    As far as Deja Vu is concerned, there's nothing to say to that.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger killer is i said…

    life never turns according to you, but it takes you according to itself. So i believe in living life according to every moment. No one can predict future and there is no use of crying over past. So there's no answer for future.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am a big pessimist. I really don't see humanity having that much of a purpose. We are just apes that ask "why?". If humanity was to completely disappear no one would care. That is why people beleave in a higher power, to give themselves a purpose.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    TGFI - Except that the present roller coaster is big skewed. So the lows are more than highs. May be it will take one more week for the locus to become proper.

    Raj - So you alongwith Abhinav feels that unpredictability is fun. Hmm, interesting. hmm mixed bag too.

    Killer - That was a profound statement.

    Miinna - Wow, I sort of identify pessimism as closest to realism. Yeah most of times, our sphere of influence remains very much limited to our own life.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger educatedunemployed said…

    Those are questions only you can answer for yourself.The only thing that comes to my mind is, may be you aren't happy that you did not pursue what you really wanted to do?May be..
    I don't know how drastically different your life is to what you had imagined, but give it a thought, can you really not do what you always wanted to do?Can you not find the time? The energy?The resource?
    If at all the thought crosses your mind that it is too late to even think of going in that direction, then why not make new plans.The ones that make you happy to know that they will lead you to where you eventually want to go.
    And remember, plans are just plans.They need to be made constantly.But life comes your way only once.Live it to its fullest.
    Enjoy.Cheers.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    greensatya,
    why don't i see an update on your blog? don't tell me you haven't gotten off the rollercoaster yet....it'll make u dizzy!

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    EU - Thanks for the nice lines. Yeah I didn't pursue what I wanted to do. No one stopped me but just life. I can't do that now. Time has gone away. But I will try to relish on what I got.

    TGFI - Yeah I am feeling the pinch on not writing anything on the blog.
    Rollercoaster is still there but since last week got involved in some issues at the work front and that is expected to last till this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home