My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Friday, November 23, 2007

Long break


I think it has been the longest gap; I have ever taken from my blog. Not that in recent past I was writing regularly but this has been too long a break.

The break is not entirely without reasons, lot of things changed in the meantime. Life is moving real fast, lot of thinking to do, decisions to make and then ruminate over it. Most of the changes as usual happened in my professional life. After more than 4 years, I came back to my parent company. I was looking to change my track from consulting but looks like it will take some more time.

One of the toughest things to do in today’s life is to make decisions. The stress one goes through before making the decision is in sharp contrast to the closure one gets after it. I have found myself quite often in a predicament where I have to make decisions for myself. Retrospectively it is easy to judge decisions but not at the time of deciding. I am well aware that not all of my decisions turned out to be the right one, but I have always tried to live by my decisions. The only highlight of the decision making is that we get wiser by experience.

So lots of thing happening for me right now, and I hope that I would be blogging as before.

Labels:

15 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger XVSA013 said…

    Making difficult decisions based on incomplete information is your job

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Mowgli - You are true, but those decisions become tough when it is your life interwined with that.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, welcome back! Hopefully your latest decision will prove to be good ones - and often the end result has to do with what you make of it, not the decisions themselves.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HEY HEY HEY!!

    see how excited i am? i used tags and all.

    welcome back! hope you stick around this time.

    yeah- decision making. not always easy. not always fun. but it's got to be done.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger projektleiterin said…

    I'm reading this book "The Paradox of Choice! by Barry Schwartz. You would love it.

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Abhinav said…

    Good to see u back ... make a decision to update blog more often :)

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Sim - Hey, happy to see you all. Yeah, from this week, I have stopped thinking of the decision. Now I have to think of the outcome.

    TGFI - Hey, so glad to know that you all still read my blog. I remember not having done one of your tag, will do it. Time was tough so wasn't blogging, but now I am back.

    Project - Tacky, looks like good books. Nice !

    Abhinav- Yeah that decision has already been made. I would post again tomorrow.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, nice to see a post. Good luck with all that lays ahead of you. Looking forward to many more posts.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger projektleiterin said…

    Subscribe with www.bloglines.com It also allows you to create a link with which you can subscribe to feeds with a click. Totally useful when you read a lot of blogs.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger projektleiterin said…

    By the way, check this out:
    http://projektleiterin.blogspot.com/2007/10/rockin-boy-blogger-award.html

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger Expression ! said…

    Hope you make better decisions in life.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Raj said…

    //I would post again tomorrow.

    So? What happened?

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger XVSA013 said…

    longer break?

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger educatedunemployed said…

    hullo! making false promises.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    EU - I know, it must have seemed that I am again taking a long break. But see, I am back with a post. Trying to get into the groove and it is not easy.

    Project - Long time ago, I had that blogline thing, but I could not understand it fully. Too complex. Yeah, I am hopping to your blog now.

    Expression - Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Raj - Yeah I am back with a post

    Mowgli - I am back

    EU - See, no false promises.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home