My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Water under the bridge


Seems like a new beginning for this blog. After 4 years of blogging, I am exactly where I started, a clean slate and my blog only to me. Lot of things worth blogging happened in the last four months. To quote the line from the movie we all know – “A lot of water has flown over the dam and under the bridge”. Can’t say I would remember all of them at this morning hour, without my cup of tea, but let me try.

First mention, the loss of one of my favorite TV journalist – the venerable Tim Russert. I still can’t believe that he is no more and I am still living my Sundays. I haven’t watched any episode of ‘Meet the Press’ after him. It is not like Tom Brokaw is any less of a star, but I somehow feel I would be betraying Tim by watching the show without him. It was so ironical to lose him few weeks after that he was put as TIME’s, 100 most influential people with the comment “ the road to white house goes through Tim Russert ” from former NY governor Mario Cuomo. Half the fun of US presidential election has diminished without Tim’s pronounciations. His last being on May 7th just after Indiana and North Carolina primary when he had said this “We now know who the Democratic nominee’s going to be, and no one’s going to dispute it,” Somehow on my blog, as in my life, I didn’t do the things, I most wanted to – Obituary on Tim Russert, and also a piece on Katie Couric leaving NBC.

A month later, two other notable departures from world scene, Tony Snow, former White House press secretary and Randy Pausch, the CMU professor. Both snatched from the world scene by the cruel destiny.

In another blog-world development, we have now the face behind our favourite Waiter. Steve Dublanica he is, and I always thought he would be bit older. I have been one of his early readers from 2004, when he started to blog on blogger. What a journey for him from blogger to national television. Now our club guy may do a re-thinking of anonymity. And hey, someone do tell me if we have the name behind Fake Steve Jobs yet ?

Last mention for this morning, and I would update this on my blogger profile, I have changed my job role. I have never written about my work on my blog, but after a year of toying with sales, I have moved entirely from consulting to sales. There was lot of thinking behind this move and considering the outcomes of all my calculated, planned and carefully thought moves, I just wish the outcome ain’t the same.

In lesser developments, during my numerous flights I discovered this 2007 movie - The Great Debaters. Though a strange choice for in flight movie, it will get added in my best movies list. Thank you Finnair and wait for my hate post on Lufthansa.

For my best book read during travels it has to be – "Father, Son & Co.: My Life at IBM and Beyond"

Just after 7 months of buying Nokia 6110 Navigator, I now have the Nokia E71. A vastly improved navigation and other similar features over 6110, though I have to discover most of the other features- the manuals are only in Finnish & Swedish. Also my new DELL D630 is so ancient compared to the Think Pad I had.
All done, I should be back to my normal blogging.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey!! I am so glad you are back to blogging. I hope this time you would blog regularly!!!

    And yes, we do have the name of fake steve.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Lyons

    And you bought another phone!? Why!!

    -freeze

    P.s listen to songs by a band called 'Poets of the Fall'. They are amazing. (finland band) :D

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Freeze - Surprise ! I thought no one reads my blog no more. And thanks for letting me know the Real "Fake Steve Jobs"

    Poets of the fall is indeed the Helsinki band and I love their songs. Even Rasmus has a new hit and this band from Wales -" Bullet for my Valentine" that is also doing good here these days.

    I bought a new phone cause it came with my new job. I had the option to take a new phone and I always wanted to buy this model :)

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And I am 2 comments too late??? :O

    I love Finland it makes you write.

    I only knew of Tim Russert. So I am lost but then that isn' new. I am always lost on your blog.

    That is what I love about this blog the most.

    I really hope you keep up your word.

    Oh and you do have patrons. You just didn't know.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Det-Res - I never knew you got a new blog-handle. Thanks for coming on here.
    What I wrote was a little summary and don't worry about getting lost. I have also never understood line from your blog. So we are same..Yeah blogging will be regular from now on..

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You need to get your act right Mr! :D

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Abhinav said…

    Hey good to see a new post after a long time .. so u got new laptop huh? last i remember, the post abt ur IBM thinkpad and the service center :P

    keep posting!!

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And high time you also start reading the blogs of those you did at some point! :)

    I miss Helsinki.. do share all finnish music with me.. I love it.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    woo you are back
    howzz life in finland once again

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    congrats for ur new fone

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dad just gifted E71 to my brother, thats all I care about phones, the one I have is so ancient I dont think they make it anymore :D

    same with my laptop :)

    good to see you back. Missed you.

    follow the link for my new blog. :)

    -neihal

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Det-Res - Yeah, I am on my way !

    Abhinav - My old IBM Thinkpad ! It was 4 years old by now, yet I liked it more than this DELL.

    Twilight Fairy - Only if those people update their blog ! Yeah Helsinki is a place to be missed. It beckons you and nothing from here can be shared, it has to be exprerienced only when you are here !!

    Radiant - Thanks ! and how about getting back to your studies than wasting time on surfing blogs ?

    Neihal - Hey glad to see you and congrats for becoming a mommy!
    I also had an ancient phone for many years but it is cool to have cool phones :) Your brother must have got an English manual, I am searching on the net for it.

    Hopping to your blog now.

     
  • At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home