My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Volvo Ocean Race



The weather this midsummer in Helsinki wasn't inspiring enough to spend the long weekend in Finland, so I decided to spend the long weekend in Stockholm. Luckily it was also the time for Volvo Ocean race's Stockholm port stopover. This meant that for the first time I could see the yachts from this famous sporting event.



This year the race started from Alicante, Spain eneded on June 27th at St Petersburg, Russia.









Ericsson 4, which was leading the race till the Stockholm leg won the race eventually. The skipper of this boat was Brazilian Torben Grael.





It sure is an unparalled feat to cross the world oceans in nothing but a yacht and one can just imagine the endurance of all those who participated in the race..

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    woah! is that you, satya?

     
  • At 2:58 AM, Anonymous det-res said…

    Awesome photos. Good stuff.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    TGFI - Yes, this is indeed me, sad but I wish I get my blog life back.

    Det - Res - Still have to get used to this name. Thanks !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home