My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Blogging,Buying books etc....

So one more saturday morning and keeping true to weekend ritual i woke up at 5.30am something difficult to do at weekdays.Arrrrrrrrrgh !!! WTF...

The other day i was busy at work when 'Tasin' sent me the link of Mark Jen,the poor fellow who lost his job with Google,Inc for blogging.He wore a nice smug on his face(i am sure of it) and cautioned me about blogging.Ok, the news was true but it does not apply to me for these reasons:-
i.I dont blog about my work(BS7799 securtiy totally respected)
ii.I dont blog from my office(though its not restricted), i have a cool 2Mbps ADSL connection at my apartment which i very much use for blogging.


Now coming to buying books,i never realised how pampered i was in India when it came to buying books.You can get all kind of books in any city of India,there are huge bookshops everywhere.You dont need to order a book simply cause you name a book and they have it in their stock.Other thing is cost,in India I can buy books at a fraction of the cost here,Veera has a explanation for this "your Indian salary is fraction of your Finnish salary" thats what he told, totally forgetting the Finnish Income tax that i need to pay every month.

So yesterday i bought one book of 'SCM' from an online bookshop in London at friggin 37.34 GBP which turns out to 54.02Euros(thanks,www.xe.com),in India I am sure that book wont have cost more than 300 INR.They said that they will dispatch the book on tuesday and it would reach me in 3 day by airmail.So now I am patiently waiting for it.On a side note 'I love scottish accent' this i came to know when the lady at the online bookshop was talking to me in cool scottish accent :-p.I think i will order few more books from that bookshop,though online.

P.S- This weekend i am trying to pick some HTML skills so that i can enhance my blog and add links to other blogsites i frequent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home