My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Back !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am back from Italy!

The seven day vacation trip to Italy ended on Tuesday midnight. I saw many places, can’t recall how many churches,museums, wonders and thousands of paintings. I met different kinds of peoples from different places in this world, tasted different kinds of foods and traveled on different kinds of vehicles.

Italy is an awesome country, with loads of history behind any monument which you would come across and all sorts of big names with it. I saw things about Galileo, Macchiavelli, Raphael, Michelangelo, Casanova, Leonardo da Vinci, Pope.

The trip was like this, I spent two days in Venice, a day each in Florence and Pisa and last two days in Rome. It was so hot in Italy and I got massive sunburns on my face, hand and shoulders. It was difficult even to put on a shirt over me but slowly things are getting better. I never missed Finland this much before, the cold winds and sunless days of Finland, the peace and empty places. Undoubtedly this was not the best time to visit Italy considering the temperature and the huge presence of tourists, but when one is working there isn’t much flexibility in choosing dates.

Things went well and I would remember it for many years to come and more so when I see the 350 odd pictures that I captured with my camera. I had some first time experiences as well like the airlines misplacing my baggage, luckily it happened when I came back to Helsinki or else if it would have happened to me in Venice then it would have posed few more problems.

I will try to upload the pictures to the space that Canon has provided and then I will share it for someone who might wish to see them. I will write a post about each of my days in Italy and put them here.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Welcome back. Can't wait to hear about your travels more. I'm glad they went well. Even the bad bits are part of the adventure, like your sunburn!

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Yeah it went well and much credit goes to the tips which you provided. I will upload the pics and then write posts about the days spent in seeing museums and visting churches.

    May be this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home