My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Pictures from Netherlands

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I wrote in my earlier post, I didn't get much time for seeing around and clicking pictures, nevertheless I have taken few, which are here.


This was the fountain outside the hotel in Amsterdam, it was feeling so good to see water coming out on a cool serene summer morning.



This is the hotel where I stayed for the first and the last night in Netherlands



The following two pictures are of the nice view I had from the guest house in Eindhvoen, one good thing was that all the three days I stayed in Netherlands, the weather was so good and all the time it was bright and sunny.





The following two pictures are the skylines of Eindhoven , taken at the time when I was going out for lunch.





This is the colorful view of Amsterdam Centraal station taken at 8 in the evening, it looks as colorful as an Indian temple.



This is me standing in one of the squares of Amsterdam


This is one of structure which I can't read what it was ( written in Dutch) but other tourists were taking snap of it, so I also took one



This is the top of one of ancient building in Amsterdam



This is one of many streets in Amsterdam but the unique things about this was that it had mostly chinese shops and that too eataries.


This is one strange mannequin I saw in one of chinese dress shop, I just now noticed that the word "mannequin" has etymological roots in the Dutch word 'mannekijn' meaning little man



It was midnight now and it was time for me to get back to hotel and get ready for next day's flight. The last picture that I took there, it is again one of the many streets of Amsterdam



3 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Kavyaa said…

    Hey Satya,

    Wonderrrrful pics!
    And hey happy birthday....to ur blog!
    I noticed u've completed 1 yr in this big bad world of blogs :)
    Keep going on...

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy holiday and have a nice space cake holiday! haha!

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Hey Kavi,

    Lol, I myself had forgotten about the birthday of my blog, though a month back I had thought of celebrating it by giving a new look to my blog. Good to see you dropping by,

    Heather, so you are enjoying your holidays with Riikka. Indonesia,Malaysia what next ?? Enjoy your time before you come back here. How much is the temperature there ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home