My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Monday, May 23, 2005

Busy weekend

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just returned from the two day trip to Netherlands and I can say that this was the most busy weekend I had in last six months. I spent the whole time either at office or in traveling.

Friday(20th)

1.Hameenlinna to Heslinki-Vantaa Airport by Bus

2.Helsinki to Amsterdam Schipol – by SAS flight

3.Amsterdam Schipol to Hotel Ibis at night 10.30

Saturday (21st)

4.Hotel Ibis to Schipol- WTC office at 9AM

5.From 9.30am to 6.30pm at office

6.Amsterdam Zuid WTC to Eindhoven by train at 7 pm

7.Reached Eindhoven at 8.24pm and then checked in Transit quarter
of the company, had pizza for dinner and fell to sleep almost instantly

Sunday(22nd)

8.From 9am to 4.30 pm at the conference hall of Holiday Inn at Eindhoven

9.Eindhoven to Schipol by train, started at 5 pm and reached at 6.30 pm

10.From Schipol again checked in Hotel Ibis at 7 pm

11.Went to Amsterdam Central from Hotel Ibis for seeing places in Amsterdam returned half hour past midnight.

Monday (23rd)

12.Got up real early at 4.30 am and then checked out of Hotel Ibis at 6 am after having breakfast.

13.SAS flight from Amsterdam to Copenhagen (Denmark) at 6.55 am reached Copenhagen at 8.20 am

14.SAS flight from Copenhagen to Helsinki at 9.35 am and reached Helsinki at 12.10 pm

15.Bus from Helsinki to Hameenlinna at 12.15 pm reached at 1.35 pm

16.Reached my office at 2.30 pm

It was indeed a hell like hectic schedule for the three days and lots of things happened in between. For catching the early morning flight from Amsterdam to Copenhagen I checked in just 25 minutes before the flight and then when I proceeded for the security check I found such a huge line that I lost all my hope of catching the flight. Somehow managed to clear the security gate and then the gate B15 was so far that I had to run at the airport. I was running and could hear my name being called on the PA system of Amsterdam airport for boarding the flight. I entered the flight just 2 minutes before the departure time and the moment I entered the gates were closed and plane proceeded for take off. The crew was so kind for keeping the door open till the last few minutes for allowing me to board. I learnt a lesson though, I will never go for an early morning flight and if I have to take one I would reach airport at least an hour in advance. I attribute this also to my 7 months stay in Finland.

I thought that I will get some time to see around Amsterdam and Eindhoven but managed only few hours to see around. I had taken my digicam with me but was not able to take pictures except for few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home