My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Life

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all are at some point in our life, now the question is how many of us thought we would be what we are today? Looking back couple of years or even one year did we all think we would be having life like this, I mean all the facets, our personal life, professional life, the friends we have or friends we don’t have?

I would never believe my life if I go back a year from now, let alone couple of years. What I wanted to do for a living and what I am doing is completely different. I don’t remember what exactly I wanted to do when I was child but I know what I thought I would be doing when I was in my undergrad.

In fact any aspect of my life was not what I thought it would be couple of years back, but I guess this is life. Your plans don’t materialize as they should or they were impractical or unrealistic or the stark reality of this world put so many limitations on you or you put trust on something/someone you should not. I mean there can be thousands of reasons for anyone’s plan to go awry , the strange thing is that we all get so used to the grind that we hardly think is this what I dreamt, is this what I wanted to achieve or is this what I want to die afterwards ?

All these things are coming in my mind cause today I was thinking what different I am doing, there are 6 billions people on this planet, each of them takes birth, then studies, does something for a living, might or might not start a family and then dies. I don’t have any answer, don’t know where this life is leading onto, but one thing I can be sure, it won’t be as I plan it to be.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Must comment on a couple of things..

    First, if only all of the 6 billion people on the planet would (i.e. could) study something, the world would be a little bit better place. Unfortunately, billions never get even the basic education.

    If you're not where you dreamed you'd be, change course. We all have a certain degree of control over our lives, and what limits the surrounding world may seem to set to those limits are largely imaginary. I'm a firm believer that unless your dreams are absurdly unrealistic (like, say, living on Mars), it's possible to achieve many of them. It's about choices and each choice involves a trade-off.

    Sometimes we just shy away from the tradeoffs because we're complacent or resigned to where we are in the world. If that's the case, then the only person we can blame for us not living our dreams is ourself.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Wonderful and thoughtful comment Sami !

    Yeah it is exaggeration to say all 6 billions do get education,sad but it is true.

    You have hit the nail when you said about trade-off, most of the time it is due to that. I could have done what I wished or dreamt but that would not have got me much disposable income, which is necessary in this world. There could be choice but there might be risk component, so in the end it boils down to risk appetite and latitude one has in life.

    These limitations can make even a realistic plan difficult to fructify.

    Thanks for the comment.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's not the same in finland, where they have a welfare state, u can be what u want to be....but from developing countries we have to make do with the chance and opportunities that u get and hence make u philosophical......

    odon

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Yeah Sideeyes(Tingran) there still is the time to do but if only those can be done. It is as you said sometimes we are not good at doing things which we dream.

    Odon, thanks for the comment, what you say makes sense but these days almost all countries are same,the limitations are not only due to a country or its policies but also due to the realities and latitude you have in your life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home