My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Earthquake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was not one of the pleasant mornings, I got up around quarter past seven and as usual checked the news headlines from India, there was a news about a strong Earthquake which had just hit whole of North India. It was just a news flash and no more details, the quake had hit only half an hour back.

I called up my parents, they were safe they told me that they had already called sister and her family was also fine. Later the news started pouring in, the quake had hit Pakistan and Afghanistan as well, and massive damages were reported from Pakistan. In India more than hundred people are killed till now. It is good that there are no seas in North India or else there would have been chances of Tsunami like last year, it was only ten months back when Southern India was devastated by Tsunami.

I notice that natural calamities have kind of increased in last one year, Tsunami, Flood, Earthquake and Hurricanes. There were other tragedies as well, terrorist attack on subway, on tourist resorts and plane accidents. As we are nearing to the end of this year I don’t this was one of good year for our Planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home