My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Las Ketchup song

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don’t know why but since morning the Las Ketchup song has been on my mind. I don’t have a copy of that song anymore so I had to wait till evening when I came home from office and got the video from Internet.

Last time I had seen it was one year back on the computer of Veera aka ‘The Jungle Boy’, I asked him today for a copy of that video and he said that he has misplaced it.

I know it was number one on the charts two year back and everyone knows the detail of it, the song is by three sisters Lola, Lucia and Pilar Munoz, who are the daughters of Tomate, a renowned traditional flamenco guitarist from Cordoba, Spain. I guess the reason for the song to become popular is not only the catchy tune and lyrics but also the dance by the three.

The song's chorus takes its lyrics from the 1979 old school rap classic "Rapper's Delight" by the Sugarhill Gang. The Ketchup Song tells the story of Diego, a young fashion-conscious gypsy with Rastafarian leanings who loves dancing and hip-hop and sings his own Andalusian rap: "Asereje' ja de je de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva/Majavi an de bugui an de buididipi/Asereje' ja de je' de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva/Majavi an de bugui an de buididipi/Asereje'..."

The English translation of chorus is “I said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat”

Along with old-school hip-hop, "The Ketchup Song" also combines Spanish rumba, Latin pop and Jamaican reggae. If someone wants to see the video and if you have Real player you can see it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home