My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

First Snowfall

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So we had the first snowfall of the winter, it is earlier than last year when it came sometime around mid November. It was little bit on the heavier side but all of it melted as soon as it hit the surface. It was good to see them back after 5 months. First snowfall has it own charm, more so for some one who is from tropical belt. The met department had forecasted this snowfall a week back but first time I found their prediction so accurate. I have taken few pictures, hope you can spot the falling snow in them, blog reduces the size so things are usually not clear.





I celebrated the snowfall by going out for dinner; the streets were deserted at about 8 pm, the silence occasionally broken by some clattering couple. The restaurant was all empty except for me but I didn’t fell anything amiss. I remember how last year when I was new to Finland and those empty restaurants used to look so eerie but now I have got used to the concept. I occupied one small table facing the street in the cozy corner, while I was waiting a couple came but they were for take-away.

The temperature had increased to 1 C and it felt good walking back to apartment from restaurant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home