My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Summer - the season of Paradise




Yeah, I totally mean the title. One can find the real value of summer in Finland. Over the past two weeks we are having perfect summer. All the bloggers of Finland like Sami and Heather have done the customary post on summer.

For a change the morning starts with the sound of lawn mowers and not snow plow. The Sun greets you, the cool breeze sweeps you away and smile can be found in everyone’s face along with the designer sunglasses. Everything looks so beautiful, flowers are blossoming and trees are all green.

It is so difficult to sit at your desk and just look at the panorama outside. Last year around this time I cribbed about people taking month long holidays in summer. This year I wish I also could take that vacation now. But I am glad that save for one weekend, I have enjoyed every other. Everyday I manage to find at least one hour during the day to walk around the city, either sit in the park or take a walk alongside the lake.

Everywhere people around are either tanning their skin, eating ice creams, enjoying coffee at the numerous side walk café, getting chilled with the beer or just letting the spirit of summer permeate the soul. All the other countries are full of tourist and backpacks have become ubiquitous. Finland seems like paradise now. Though I am sure the summer will last only one more month. So enjoy it till it is here.

19 Comments:

  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    that picture is so..picturesque!
    ah. that was dumb. but i was left speechless from that photo. ;)

    yes, summer really does bring cheer everywhere. I feel a change in my own mood. And I imagine in places like Finland it's appreciated even more.

    enjoy the summer!

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger Freeze said…

    why do people start appreciating things only when it is not around :P

    ah... just one more month to go. enjoy!

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Abhinav said…

    enjoy the season man.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Raj said…

    The pic is beautiful. And it does sound like the waether's really nice. Enjoy the summer while it lasts! :)

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe 2 months. hehe..

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    and to all that...u get time to enjoy...thats excellent man :)

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger pradman said…

    sounds real good...
    I guess summer is as popular in a place like Finland as light showers are welcome here in Chennai, which by the way has had enuough sun so far to last rest of the year...
    neways... go on... soak up the sun and have a blast.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Akanksha said…

    delhi summer sucks..
    i like bangalore weather .. nice and pleasant most of the time

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    TGFI - Yeah those houses are on the shore of Baltic Sea. I wish I had a house like that.

    I know one person who thought I flicked that picture from somewhere. But it was shot by me.

    Summer is the most charming season here.

    Freeze - Human nature I guess. Yeah just one more month :(

    Abhinav - Thanks.

    Raj - Yeah I am trying to make the most of it

    Heather - that's what we would like it to be but we know it won't. I guess officially summer starts ending from mid-summer (this weeekend)

    Sara - Not really but yeah weekends are free.

    Scipio - Haha, I know what you mean. Yeah summer is that much awaited here. Wish Chennai had little less humidity :)

    Akanksha - Yeah weather of Blore is fine but other thing sucks. This does not mean Delhi does not sucks. It has so many thing that sucks that ppl discoung the torment of weather.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Koi Pahailee said…

    same here same here
    everywhere u go, there are ppl like greensatya sunbathing where they can find sun...

    i agree the place becomes very very beautiful...takes my breath away whenever i see the parks and the mountains and lakes...
    but the ppl..
    aaww my gawd!
    they are crazy! they through their clothes off as some unwanted commodity and just wear sun and sun and sun

    gosh! I am still not used to some stuff...I think that I will never get used to 'some' stuff! :)

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Koi Pahailee said…

    throw!
    and not through

    sorry

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Koi. - Hehe, did you mean me and sunbathing ? hell no, I don't need to bake my skin. I have God gifted tan :P

    Yeah Summer is the season to enjoy and ppl enjoy it in their own sweet way. The underlying theme unifies us all.

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Blogger educatedunemployed said…

    Oh definitely enjoy.You make it all sound so romatic.It is lovely.And you take awesome photos.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    EU - hehe,never thought from the romantic angle but I can see that holds valid as well.
    And thanks for liking the picture :)

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Y said…

    enjoy your time Satya while it lasts.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger killer is i said…

    WOW .. that was beautiful ..
    Enjoy last month of summers ;) ..

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Sher - Yeah true, probably last summer of mine in Finland

    Killer - Thanks

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Expression ! said…

    I think world's worst Summer is Phoenix(U.S.A.),temperature at 8:00pm is 112 degree Fahrenheit
    Just imagine the temp. during day time.Even if you are offered 1 million dollers you wont agree to stand in the Sun for 10 minutes.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Sharda - 112 F = 44.4 C is definitely hot even by Indian standard. I can't imagine any temp above 30C(86F)now

     

Post a Comment

<< Home