My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Friday, July 24, 2009

Songs of Darkness


When it is 1 am and it is dark, you can’t say if this is due to clouds or summer is ending. You would want to believe in the clouds, but it's the summer that is ending. And also it is time when you turn to music.

Brian Mcknight is one of my favourite singers. He is one of the greatest, and I am happy if there are people out there who does not know him. He does not have a career like that of Justin Timberlake. But if you know Nat King Cole, you would know Brian Mcknight. The most amazing part is his vocals; when he holds up the note, it sounds so smooth, so natural, mellifluous and all of these with such humility. I can’t listen enough to his “One Last Cry”. The youtube video is not available in Finland, but I could find one copy of on this
link. One other song of his with amazing vocals is “Still in Love”, but I feel the lyrics could have been less cheesy. Listen to this song here.

The other singer to listen now in the same theme would be Chris Isaak and his iconic “ Wicked Game”. The video got so famous even when the song is exactly opposite to what it seems on video. Can’t be anything different when you have Helena Christensen in there. The video is
here

And lastly “Smile” from Nat King Cole. The song
here.



The cloud position at this time, not a speck over any place in Finland.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Freeze said…

    When it is 1 am and it is dark, you should be sleeping...

    I knew Nat King Cole, but I didn't know Brian McKnight (now I do).

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Freeze - Yes, summer is about to end and would be sleeping at night, rather there would be nights.
    Good that you know Brian now, he was going to start one talk show in US. Not sure what happened to it.

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Just Jane said…

    oh i love wicked game...ranks among one of my alltime fave songs. there was a song by brian mcknight that i used to like, can't remember the name now. and nat is the king! my mom's fave :)

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Jazzy Jane - You have to find out which song of Brian you liked ! I can't let you forget his songs :)
    And yeah, wicked game !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home