My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Cloudy 'Vappu'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it is Vappu day(1st May) tommorrow and Jussi told me that you can see people celebrating it from today if you go to the market square(Kauppatori), but the weather does not seem to be nice.Only yesterday it was bright sunshine and today it is cloudy and bit cold, not the kind of weather one would like to have for Vappu.But Finns don't let anything come between them and their Lapin Kulta, they just need an excuse to drink and Vappu is state holiday for drinking!!.

This is the end of the week, which was not a good week for me by any means. I started the week with lot of warmth and enthuaism, with lot of plans but starting Monday I had two shocks with made all my plans go awry.

Heyy, let me share you one news, this whole week I was not able to talk at my home cause the phone at home is dead and consequently Internet.Can you beleive this in the age of satellite phones?? Some fault with the whole telelphone exchange and all the phones of the area are dead ? Damn those engineers, the shame of the whole fraternity, they deserve chinese style execution. Yes I was talking about India the IT superpower of the world. Bull Sh*t!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Thanks Tingran,
    Hyvaa Vapua ! to you too (I don't have Finnish keyboard so can't type those special characters).

    Enjoy Vappu !!

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe, everything breaks down sometimes, even human. nothing last forever, even the telephone :) Hope you get to talk to your family now.. you should try using SKYPE. It's so much easier. heh.. BUt i am not sure if it will work if the internet connection doesn't work *lol*

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, juz popping by fm heather's blog. U've got nice pictures! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home