My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had thought of writing about one very interesting thing but this headache for the third evening in row does not let me write it. The rate at which I am consuming pills will make me replenish them weekly along with grocery shopping. Thanks God they don’t ask prescription for headache pills, but right now I have full stock of them which I brought from India this September. It has become a habit pop a pill go to sleep , get up at 2 am pop one of their hypnotic cousin and sleep back.

It was a perfect ‘lousy’ day for me, I talked to mom in morning, wasn’t expecting any thing good to hear, neither was any. Apparently it is Diwali (festival) time in India, people are preparing for it, and all of them are doing the annual cleaning and painting of their house. Mom was telling me about the painting work in first level of our home as well but I had least interest in hearing about it so just diverted the conversation. It is now 5 years since I last celebrated Diwali with my folks. This time I went home after 18 months may be they will have a new coat of paint over this one by the time I go there next.

I wasn’t feeling like working today, wanted to go for walk in the ‘cemetery-turned-park’ in front of the window of my office. The dandruff layer of snow on grass and ice on road made me pass the idea. I worked anyway and completed something which I was procrastinating for a week. It is a ppt, but I am not happy with the result, will try to refine it tomorrow.

After coming home from work I thought may be I will cook a nice dinner for me. As my luck would have it I almost burnt the stew, which I was preparing with great interest. It was still eatable so went ahead with it. One of the nice things about winter is that if you want to eat the stew instantly, then open the window panes and place the pan on the sill of the window. 1 minute, it will be optimally cold, but need to take care; 2 minutes and you have stew ice-cream. This is for now, will do that experiment again in February with temperature around minus 27 C and find out the time required for stew ice-cream.

So this was my whole day and I should now stop wallowing in self pity.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Seriously, get off those pills.how old are you? You shouldnt be taking pills like that!
    Have juice, I say.

    *scowls*

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    hi Jupiter, welcome here.

    Hmm I am a big boy, can handle those damn pills :d

    I just hit 28 :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home