My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Laptop !


My laptop is back with me via the safe hands of UPS. I couldn't wait to take it out of the box and I am mighty pleased with the work of IBM. The laptop was delayed by a day and the reason given by IBM was that they detected last minute problem with the touchpad. I could not make head or tails of it when those Scotland based executives mentioned. But now I know what was it? Actually I had made one hairline crack on one corner of my laptop few months ago but didn't mention it to them. They saw it replaced the whole part including the touch pad. I had asked them to check the CD-RW cause some cds won't play and they replaced the whole CD-RW. They said the warranty covered it. The motherboard is new and there is not a speck of dust in the grooves. Feels like a new laptop. I think I should also have mentioned them to me that letter N has been erased so that they could put a new N or may be have replaced the whole keypad. May be next time. Anyway for the time being I am happy(the cynic in me put the word "for the time being", after all it is a computer)

I was using different computers all these days but never felt comfortable with them. I would just do the necessary stuff and nothing more. A sense of unease prevailed like I was living in someone else's home. Past few days made me realise that laptop has become a part of my life and also that I can live without it.

13 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Freeze said…

    good good, so now u got a new laptop for no reason. what else would you want!

    Past few days made me realise that laptop has become a part of my life and also that I can live without it.

    so u can live without a part of your life?!!

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Raj said…

    So they changed so many parts for free??

    Thats fantastic!

    And u r still not satisfied?

    Typical human nature ;)

    And pls answer freeze's question :D

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger killer is i said…

    aight ..
    congrats dude ...
    thats kool, they replaced those many things ... even when u din't asked them to ...awesome, these kinda things really sux in india.
    And answer freeze's ques .. haha

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Freeze - Yeah it is almost like a new laptop and I am happy.

    To answer to your question - which has become popular, yeah I can live without a part of my life. I am not dependant on anything however important it might be. I have realised it long time ago that nothing is permanent.

    Raj - Yeah they changed many other parts as well. I wanted the keypad as well (human nature :P)
    Answer to Freeze's questions is in the reply.

    Killer - Thanks Killer. Yeah they replaced all other parts cause it was under warranty. The warranty will expire in Nov 2007. Hmm, I think my company bought the laptop in India. Answer to Freeze's question is above.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Koi Pahailee said…

    Hi Greenbean
    I miss my laptop too.
    Cant surf net as much as i would luv too...

    and yeah yeah..its great to comment...

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Satya,

    Nice to know you are bag to your blogging self, now that your cute secretary is back. :))

    On a totally unrelated note, I would like you to check out this site:
    http://darpg-grievance.nic.in/

    Beleive it or not, it is for online grievance registering launched by the Indian Govt, to lodge complaints against inefficiency in PSUs, Passport Office etc. I hear this system really works.

    You may have more use for this (though I would hope not), when you return to Swades.

    -Alice

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Koi - First of all a hearty welcome to blogging scene. It is so good to see you back in action. So you left your laptop and won't you be getting it in few days ? But anyway it is great to comment and blog. What is the use of laptop if you can't comment. So welcome once again.

    Alice - Yeah it is nice to be back in scene. Cute secretary :) nice name.

    Yeah I had checked that site long back. It is made online now and earlier you could write letters to them. I remember I used to write to them few years back around 1999 but nothing ever happened. So I doubt anything happens from this site. There is one more good site from Indian government www.india.gov.in, check it out sometime.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Abhinav said…

    cool man .. as good as new....wow...now we can hope to see new post every day ;)

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Y said…

    say hello to your lap top from my side. And ask her if any of her hotty sisters or cousins, equally hot though from diff parents, ever gonna be mine?

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Raj said…

    @sej: "her"? A laptop? I dont think so. A laptop's a "he" :D

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Abhinav - Yeah I hope to put a new post everyday. First I need to finish off those works which I had kept pending for want of laptop.

    Sher - Thanks and my laptop says "hi". My laptop is sure that you are gonna have one of these hi-fi stuff.

    Raj - I also thought laptop as 'he' but then realised how unpredicitable and unreliable computers are :D
    I think to avoid confusion let us not genderise it :p

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Twilight Fairy said…

    "Past few days made me realise that laptop has become a part of my life and also that I can live without it."

    good for you! Finally my point is proven. You owe me a treat for this course in self realisation :). Send me your laptop.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    TF - Yeah it was proved that laptop got so entwined with my life. Send you my laptop, hehe, only if my company has no issues with it :d

     

Post a Comment

<< Home