My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Jersey Girl

I don't know why but this evening after coming back from work I felt like watching a movie and I found that I could see "Jersey Girl".Hmm I think it was last year around this time when it was released,I had seen it once but felt like seeing it again. Kevin Smith has done good work on this movie.


 Posted by Hello


I really like the christmas scene in starting stage of the movie much like the christmas time in "Serendipity".Ben Affleck though labelled as action hero in Hollywood is perfect in this movie, which according to hard critics might be synthetic but for me is touching.The starting scene in the classroom of 7 year old's is the best way to arouse interest in the viewer's.Jennifer Lopez does not have much airtime in this movie(frankly speaking her "Anaconda" didnt make me like her in movies ).The one person who has upstaged all the actors is cute little girl "Raquel Castro" who plays the daughter of the single father.

The music also goes hand in hand in making the movie emotional and touching.I think this movie should teach people "selflessness" in relationships,though Kevin has based it on his relationship with his daughter.

To top it all the punch line "He wanted it all...but he got more than he bargained for" is great.I don't know how others think about this movie but it is kind of soothing for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home