My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Friday, March 11, 2005

Wisdom is what's left after we've run out of personal opinions --Cullen Hightower

______________________________________________________________

I have learnt the true meaning of this quote now.After doing lot of reviews, online as well as in the stores, I finally bought one digicam it is Canon IXUS30(SD200 in USA).This is a cute little camera, the size of the credit card and weighs about 100 grams.While buying the camera I did lot of research on the various functionalities that could be in a camera. This one has lot of features like auto and manual mode,underwater shooting and what not(will tell later when I myself have figured all of them).

I got manuals with the camera that was supposed to teach me how to use those features.There were three copies of the manual one in Suomi, second in Svenska and the third one is in Dansk all useless !!!!.I sent a mail to Canon support and they pointed me to a site from where I could download the pdf version of the manual in English.I gleefully downloaded it and thought of reading it but it had 177 pages !!!.All the pages are highly condensed and had lot of graphics.In one week I think I have read only 50 pages, so much for my reading speed.I am pretty sure that it would be too hard for me to read through the entire manual and I would be forgetting the previous stuff as I progress.Now I am thinking if only I would have gone for a simpler digital camera I won't have been burning my midnight oil in reading the manual and I would have been able to use those features.

So the point is that sometimes when you look for more, you mighteven getthem by paying few bucks extra but it is useful only when you are able to use them.If you are not using them than there is no point in throwing your hard earned money for those extra features.I would post a picture of my cam when I take one of it :).Till then happy reading for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home