My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Walk in the woods

Today it was nice weather, the temperature after hovering around minus 20 was sub minus 5, there was bright sunlight after two days of snow storm which had wreaked havoc on the vehicular traffic in south Finland

Afer lunch I thought of foregoing my nap to go for walk along the 'Hame - Castle',going across the circumference of the frozen lake in the wood.By the time I got dressed up and ready to go, the weather changed suddenly,a gusty wind laced with snow started and then clould appeared. However this didn't deter me and I continued with my plan.

First I crossed the castle(it looks similar to the castle in the Mario game :-p or rather Mario game castle looks similar to this castle ).This castle was built in the 13th century and used as prison until 1953.

This is the tourist information board.



 Posted by Hello

Front view of the Castle


 Posted by Hello

The castle has a moat surrounding it.See the wooden bridge it's piers still as strong as they were in 13th century.


 Posted by Hello

This is how castle looks from about 500 mts.



 Posted by Hello

Just behind the castle there is one tank museum displaying World War II vehicles. Here is a photo of it.


 Posted by Hello

As I continued with my walk I saw one train passing the lake, immediately I took a snap.

 Posted by Hello

All this time the Sun was playing hide and seek in the woods.Here is a snap of the 'peekaboo' of the Sun.


 Posted by Hello

While continuing further I saw this cabin like structure but I don't know what is this and what it is used for ?


Posted by Hello

I returned to my aparment after the 2 hour long walk, evening was descending and I needed one hot cup of tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home