My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hmm...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah my Internet is up and running. The turn around time for ELISA (my ISP) was two days, not bad considering that it has happened for first time in nine months?

The update patches of windows are really irritating and this is the reason I have disabled the automatic update. But this time there was some critical patches and got mail from systems department to put them so I had to do it. The irritating thing is that after the patches are installed it will ask you to restart the system, you can postpone it but it will keep prompting every minute. I don’t know why they can’t have a patch which does not require the system to be rebooted.

I am trying to make a picture blog of my Italy trip but I am always procrastinating. If after much effort I start writing then I am always getting lost in the history of Italy, once I wanted to read more about Constantine arch which is in front of Colosseum and ended up reading the whole Roman history and then watching the movie ‘Gladiator’ once more. The same thing happened with the Stockholm trip, I put it for writing later and now I don’t remember anything. But this time I will write those posts and upload them here.

Today I stumbled upon one blog of a person living in Delhi, the blog had nice music and post about the rains happening in Delhi, it made me nostalgic. I always have had ‘love- hate’ relationship with Delhi since 1993, I always go to Delhi brimming with joy and return back sad. These days my dad is in Delhi, he has been transferred there so would be staying there for next three years(?) I guess.

Today the weather has cooled down a little bit; it is cloudy so no sun and nice cool breeze is blowing.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to have you back online. This the Devil
    Virus

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good to see your net in order. love to see your pics of italy. i have never been myself.. hope to go one day. :)

    me don't like delhi...best is aamchi mumbai..beats delhi by a landslide. :) even though i have many relatives in delhi..i won't be going back anytime soon and for many reasons. :) when u get life so great in mumbai..there is no need to go to delhi. :)

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Poonam, I have not lived in Mumbai for long except for the short and transit stays but it is good, infact better than delhi in few things.

    Delhi I have so many memories associated(good/bad), whenever I reach there I don't know whether to relish at the opportunity of being there or to let the bitter memories rankle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home