My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Snow storm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night when I was going to sleep I looked outside the window, the grass was green , streets were black but wet and trees were as usual, some with few leaves left, others with none. This morning when I got up from bed and went to kitchen to fetch water for my parched throat, habitually I looked at the thermometer fixed outside the kitchen window. Wtf, it was covered with snow !!! I looked around and found everything to be covered with layers of snow. The green grass cover was all white, the streets were white having tread marks of car tyres, roofs were covered with snow and so were the parked cars. I didn’t realize that it was such a heavy snowfall happened in the night. Infact the snow fall was still there, rather it was snow storm. I took one picture in the morning and you can compare it with the picture of the same spot outside my kitchen window on Sunday (first snow fall day)



The snow storm continued for the whole day and it is still continuing.I walked to office in snow and came back to apartment at the end of day in snow. I don’t have problem with snow fall, they are innocuous, but snow storm is different. It feels yukky when the snow is entering your ears or hitting your eyes.

In the evening I took pictures from my bed room window, you can see them below. The falling snows are caught glistening in the flash of the camera.







5 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehe told ya!

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    ha ha, sure you did, but it was about traffic condition and difficulty in driving. You didn't tell about danger of walking in snow storm. Moreover you are up north than me so I thought the storm will be mild here :p

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard the wind that night and morning and thought it was a baby next door crying at first....

    I love the winter!

    soyyo

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just noticed my comment above sounds weird, the wind sounding like a baby crying has no connection with the fact that I love winter, lol.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Soyyo, atleast you heard the wind I didn't get whiff of it. Heard there was some damages as well in Espoo that night.

    You love winter ! that's cool. I will ask this question again in the third week of February :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home