My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

World is small


Midsummer Day in Finland. Everything is closed except a pizza place. Inside it two guys working for the same firm waiting for their pizzas.

Hey what is your base branch in India?

Umm, Bangalore.

Mine as well. Where is your office there?

I don’t know now. What about you?

Me neither.

Which part of India are you from?

I am from ‘XYZ’ state. Where you from?

Me from the same state and what city did you tell in that state?

My hometown was ‘Abc’ city and I was there a long time for my studies.

What school you were in?

‘This’ school.

No way! I studied in the same school till class 6th, then dad got transferred and I had to move out.

They both start remembering the streets and neighborhoods of that city.

Hey where was your home then?

It was the yellow house on the street which was across the statue of Bhagat Singh.

And is your father a doctor?

Yeah he was! How do you know?

I know. I lived in the house next to your backyard.

The house next to Mr. Kumar?

Exactly!

They both are agape.

And you know your dad operated on my sister when was 2 years old and had cut her forehead. We still talk about your father. It is a family anecdote. My mother was good friends with your mother. That was 1983.


We moved from that place in 1984.

Yeah we also moved from that neighborhood very soon. I don’t remember your face but only remember you were three siblings.

So it means we are meeting after 22 years and that too in a different country.

Yeah we are. I was seven years old then. …………..
---------------------------------------------------------------------

That was my sister.

World is indeed small.

19 Comments:

  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    W=O=W!!! we get examples of the world being small quite often. but this is so cool!! who would've thought??? I am a huge fan of conincidences like these!!! You have a "new" buddy now, in Finland?? cooooool!!!! :)

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Abhinav said…

    cool...meeting a person from same locality in different city is very cool indeed

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    TGFI - Yeah this was unbelievable. We both are in Finland for one year now, met each other in office parties and meetings. Little did I know we were next door neighbours until 22 years ago.

    Abhinav - Yeah we were next door neighbours, 22 years ago.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger pradman said…

    Cool!!!
    It is stuff like these that sometimes makes me think whether we are indeed living in "The Matrix" and everything around us is virtual reality :D

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger educatedunemployed said…

    Wow, who would have thought.Must've totally made your day.It definitely made mine.I so love bumping into people I know or actually didn't.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Scipio - I had heard that world is small but first time realised it. Good that it was small in a good way :)

    EU - Yeah it definitely made my day. I called up my mother and told her the story. She could not believe it as well!

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Raj said…

    That must have been funny.

    The whole thing seems to be straight out of a hindi movie :)

    So r the two of u planning to stay in touch now or u plan to meet after another 22 yrs, perhaps on a different planet :)

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow... did you buy the lotto that day? LOL you could have win!

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Expression ! said…

    Very coool..It's always nice to meet old friends.This meeting could be more enjoyable if you were realy very attached to each other 22 years back.So are you planning to be in touch with him to avoid get ting into same situation again!

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Koi Pahailee said…

    yea
    i have tons like these too?

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    RGA - Damn Hindi movie !! I didn't think about it. I guess this does not happen in Hindi movie. :D

    We knew each other for the past one year and who knows we will be in touch or not after we move from Finland. Another planet..hehe, you mean we will be dead in another 22 years!

    Heather - You are telling now :P atleast I would have played poker. Incidentally, I did go t R-kioski and checked out those things but could not play. (I had gone there to buy ice-cream)

    Sharda - I guess we will be in touch. Yeah he was not my friend. Just next door neighbours :)

    Koi - I think you should write couple of those incidents. Would be great to read them.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Raj said…

    //Another planet..hehe, you mean we will be dead in another 22 years!

    No, not dead. I meant that humans might be able to establish bases on other planets in the next 22 yrs and u might meet each other on a diff planet like u met in a diff country.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Raj - aha, I see. I didn't think that far. And in previous reply I addressed you as RGA, may be the URL of your blog caught up with me. Excuse for that. :)

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Raj said…

    I never noticed the "RGA" until you apologised for it.And RGA are initials of my full name so its not a problem.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mind boggling:) But cool!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Raj - That's cool

    Duhita - you bet !

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Y said…

    Actually a related incident has happened to me.

    But it was a nightmare come true.

    I was discussing with this annonymous at the start of a one day - night train journey about a girl and later came during the same conversation came to know that annonymous was the girl's brother!

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Freeze said…

    Weird co-incidence. That's it.

    But very cool.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Sher - I bet that must have been very funny incident. Do tell us about it.

    Freeze - Yeah weird

     

Post a Comment

<< Home