My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

And so it is....


Today was the perfect morning - not warm, not so cold, autumn lurking behind the leaves, people walking hurriedly for the metro, tram and bus. The refreshing air took away the soreness of going for the early morning meeting. Just when I melted into the crowd, I could hear it, and still not sure where it was playing? The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice, made popular by the movie Closer. Infact you can’t think of the movie without this song and vice versa. The lyric of the song perfectly sums up the movie. After this, it didn’t take long for the movie to get refresh in the time I reached my work.

Strange are the ways in which we get our flashbacks. I wanted to write about this movie in the first instance of free time I got. Not so surprisingly, I found that four years ago, when I saw this movie for the first time, I had written about it. It is indeed one of my favourite movies. That post can be read here.


"And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial"
(The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Abhinav said…

    Interesting .. looking forward to watch the movie at next available chance :)

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Abhinav - You haven't seen it yet ? It's been 5 years the movie was released. My review is on the linked post; read it there. Not everyone likes this movie.

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger projektleiterin said…

    Hey, I like the movie and the song as well!

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger projektleiterin said…

    Hey, I like the movie and the song as well!

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Freeze said…

    I have not seen the movie as well.. but will be seeing it soon. Tomorrow perhaps.

    I've seen the first 3 minutes of the movie though!

    So whats the flashback that you got?

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    Project Leader - You bet ! this indeed is a nice song.


    Freeze - Flashback - I wrote it there. I had forgotten the movie, but upon hearing the song, the whole movie got refreshed. This was the flashback. Take your time and watch the movie, it needs it.

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Anonymous det-res said…

    I loved the movie back then. In that phase of my life, it made a lot of sense to me.

    I would actually like to watch it again. I wonder how I would react to it.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger greensatya said…

    EU - Even I would like to watch the movie, but I don't have it anymore. Yes, movies have different meaning according toe the perspective.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home