My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Monday, July 18, 2005

Third Birthday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today my niece turned three; yeah I and she are the only two ‘cancer’ians in the family. She, daughter of my elder sister is the first and the only one in my family from the next generation.

How quickly the time passes, the day still fresh in my mind when she came out of Operation Theater, the nurse put her in my mother’s arms, and she was all cuddled up with her thumb in her mouth, eyes shut and bald head. I don’t remember having seen anything cuter than that. I don’t remember when she opened her eyes, probably kids sleep a lot. It was only one more time that I could meet her in these three years. I talk to her a lot so I think next time when we meet she might recognize my voice but not my face.

I called her twice but both the time she was so occupied with her birthday celebrations that she didn’t want to leave them and come on phone. Probably I will call her tomorrow and wish her ‘belated’ Birthday. I sent her a box of Italian chocolates which I wanted to be delivered today but the gift agency thought it wise to be over zealous in their effort and delivered it on last Friday and I am sure she would have devoured the chocolates the same day. Atleast they delivered *sigh*


I am too tired to write anything more, so going to sleep.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home