My Journey

I have made all the calculations; fate will do the rest -(Napoleon)

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Nice weather

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is nice weather outside, sun is out and temperature is around 6 C. Welcome changes from the snow storm we had two days back. Just now I came back from my weekly trip to library and I must say I enjoyed the walk to the library and back. Cold wind was blowing but it was not chilling, rather cold in a refreshing way. The only problem was the snow on the sidewalks which were melting and hence very slippery. It made walking a bit difficult but it was offset by the excellent weather. The local library is situated in the most beautiful part of the town, alongside the lake with the ‘Hame’ castle in the background. It is not near to the downtown so it is always calm and peaceful. During summer you could take a book and read it sitting on the garden benches by the side of lake. But I must tell that the ducks are very naughty there, they will all crowd around you and start their ‘quack-quack’. This reminds me of the question that Holden Caulfield had in the book “ The Catcher in the Rye “, where do the ducks go when the lake freezes? I don’t have the answer but if some of you know it then please tell me as well.

Tomorrow we are getting off the ‘daylight saving’ and we would come back to GMT +2.00. What surprises me is that how for the past two weeks I was psychologically getting prepared for it. I was getting late to my office by approx one hour, I was getting up in the morning late by one hour. Usually I eat my lunch at 1pm (I know it is afternoon coffee time for dear Finns) but these days I was getting hungry only by 2 pm. I just wanted the time to go back by one hour and it will happen tomorrow. Wish I could prepare myself like that for other times as well *sighs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home